So the blog just received its 2014 annual report and here are the stats!
- The blog was viewed about 190,000 times in 2014. The busiest day was January 15 with 1,767 views. The most popular post that day was “Scotland Launches Industrial Biotech Plans“.
- There were 200 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 596 posts. Not bad for a blog that restarted just in November 2012.
- Here are the posts that got the most views in 2014. I guess my archives in 2013 are much more important than I thought.
- The blog’s top referring site in 2014 are Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Biofuel Digest (hey, thanks!). It definitely pays to be active in the social media.
- Readers came from all over the world in 174 countries. Most visitors came from the US, UK and Germany. Interesting enough, I had one reader each from Papua New Guinea, Laos, Turkmenistan, Mozambique and Cuba, 3 in Haiti, Mongolia and Iran, 5 in Nicaragua, 6 in Sudan, and other interesting places that are quite too long to list. I did have 782 readers from Russia and 999 from China, wow!
- The most commented post was “Cellulosic biofuels projects still on track“.
I am hoping to be more active again in posting this year. Also, look out for posts about several petrochemical markets from Tecnon OrbiChem colleagues (I am trying to persuade them to try twittering and blogging – crossing my fingers).
Thanks for following the blog and reading my posts. Looking forward to a more productive 2015!