Elevance has partnered with Virginia Tech, a leading research institution in Virginia, on a research program that aims to enable engineered polymer and CASE partners and customers to create new and expanded product lines that were impossible until now.
The one-year agreement consists of two graduate-level researchers who are focusing research on the physical characterization of new and novel materials so that customers can:
- Meet market demands faster
- Address industry challenges, including moisture sensitivity and chemical resistance, improved temperature properties, and improved adhesion to metals, glass and other polymers;
- Grow businesses using renewable feedstocks and monomers with novel functionality;
- Expand portfolios with products that deliver differentiated and enhanced performance; and
- Diversify raw material supply chains while achieving sustainability goals.